They say that you learn something every day. Let us help you with your quota.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

11 June 2013

This August, I'll find myself prolonging my Euro trip (at the expense of my second semester) to tour Paris and other parts of France - in particular, Normandy.
Normandy in Northern France is famous as the 'drop zone' for the Allied D-Day Assault on the Germans in June 1944. As a modern history buff, I'm very much looking forward to this leg of my trip.

Today's Daily Quota is a recent publication in Life Magazine titled 'The Ruins of Normandy: Unpublished Colour Photos From France 1944'.
This series collects 17 rare colour photos from Normandy, including some great shots of the beach landing boats - famously included in all depictions of the bloody Omaha Beach Landings - and some vibrant shots of French villages after they've experienced Allied bombing. 

A fantastic collection, and a real treat for history buffs or curious parties alike.

VIEW THEM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment